Forklift Operator must be certified though company OSHA forklift safety course to operate industrial forklifts to perform material handling assignments with WMS scanners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform equipment inspections and safety checks before start up by filling out forklift safety check sheet
- Operate forklift, hand jack (manual and or electric) to move product throughout the facility safely and efficiently
- Utilize the hand held scanner to unload trailers and put product away in locations, ensuring all product is properly scanned to correct location in the warehouse
- Utilize the hand held scanner to load trailers through the WMS shipping menu ensuring orders are shipped accurately and completely
- Shipping must be done using the FIFO (first in first out) method as directed by the WMS system and scanner.
- Prior forklift experience and certification
- Experience with Warehouse Management System and hand held scanners
- Be able to operate in a fast paced environment with a high degree of attention to safety
- Be able to move and lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a cold environment.
- Must be able to pass company road test and/or OSHA certified forklift training class
- Must be able to read, speak and understand basic English
Schedule:7am to 5pm
**The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. Additional responsibilities may be required for you to perform as deemed necessary by your supervisor and/or authorized personnel.
TRAINING ON THE JOB. ELIGIBILITY FOR FULL FREE FAMILY MEDICAL AFTER THE FIRST 90 DAYS OF EMPLOYMENT ONCE YOU JOIN THE UNION. ROOM FOR GROWTH.