The role of a Maintenance Manager is to provide the necessary guidance, knowledge, and skill needed to properly and efficiently maintain, troubleshoot and repair equipment and utilities. As a Maintenance Manager you will be responsible for working across departments to coordinate the timely completion of routine and non-routine maintenance tasks, coordinating and overseeing the work of the maintenance mechanics, as well as train new and existing mechanics.
- Primarily responsible for leading, coordinating and overseeing routine and non-routine maintenance / repairs of manufacturing equipment.
- Assess any problems with the equipment, identify root cause, make the necessary repairs and complete associated documentation.
- Coordinate activities, as well as oversee the work of maintenance personnel.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining necessary procedures required to perform routine preventive maintenance.
- Responsible for identifying critical spare parts needed (and then maintaining those inventories in order to minimize equipment down time and maximize production efficiencies).
- Perform all activities in compliance with company GMP and safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Adhering to applicable building, county and safety codes/standards, while running an accident-free operation
- Sustaining peak efficiency operation levels for all property components
- Effectively communicate with Directors, Managers, Supervisors, peers and subordinates. Notify management if specifications cannot be met and/or quality or safety is being compromised.
- Review, document work completed by employees.
- Knowledge of OSHA principles for safety in a manufacturing environment.
- Ensure that all safety equipment is functional and that all employees practice proper safety and follow safety procedures.
- Work on other projects as requested by management.
Associate degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
Minimum 8 years direct experience as Maintenance Supervisor.
Knowledge of Excel and Outlook
Experience in aseptic manufacturing a definite plus/ high speed bottling also plus.
Spanish is a plus.