Analyzes, modifies, builds, rebuilds, repairs or overhauls electronic and electrical equipment and controls. Corrects electrical problems to ensure optimal operation of electrical components on equipment. May perform miscellaneous maintenance tasks, as required. May supervise contractors, as required.
- Plan details of working procedure by determining replacement needs or new material required and develop a logical approach to correct the problem.
- Analyze circuits, wiring diagrams and drawings to install, repair, calibrate, service or replace electronic devices and systems.
- Receive wiring diagrams, specifications and instructions from supervisor covering emergency and scheduled repair, installation, and electrical inspection work to be performed.
- Perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical theory and principles, statutory codes, properties of materials and principles of operation of electrical equipment. Start-up and shut-down equipment in accordance with established company and OSHA safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown. Observe “Lockout/Tagout” procedures as required.
- Service electronic equipment by checking, testing, and replacing faulty components, circuits, printed circuit boards, and similar electronic devices.
- Install, repair, and maintain communication cables and power distribution cables. Splice pieces as required.
- Fabricate parts if not commercially available, using machine and hand tools common to the trade.
- Determine need for, analyze, and make necessary running adjustments, repairs, and overhauls.
- Advise and caution operators and mechanics about potential electrical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous and/or recurring electrical problems, equipment malfunctions and supplies needed. Takes related corrective action(s). Order replacement parts ensuring no loss in production time due to equipment maintenance and repair.
- Interface with other departments on projects and special needs.
- Follow established safety procedures. Use necessary personal protective equipment. Ensure all work meets regulatory requirements.
- Make process or quality improvement suggestions, as observed.
- Report to work on time daily prepared and able to perform all duties.
- Candidate will be responsible for devices such as pressure differential gages, transducers, panel meters, load cells, temperature controllers, variable speed drives, programmable logic controllers, running circuits and installing electrical conduit.
- Be familiar with radio frequency heat sealing equipment such as Hall Dielectric or Thermatron.
- 480v -240v.
- Relays and controls / other duties as directed relating to this position
- Able to create communication cables.
- Able to read electrical schematics with the understanding of what each component contributes to that circuit, able to read electrical meters.
- Able to work on equipment with or without schematics.
- Collects equipment operation and history data to facilitate repairs and reliability improvements.
- Familiar with high voltage breakers and 3 phase power distribution systems.
- Provides maintenance manager all required information to order new or replacement parts.
- May perform other duties not listed (Maintenance Mechanic duties).
Skills and Experience:
- Two years of collegiate-level technical or vocational training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four years of previous related experience and a thorough understanding of manufacturing operation requirements.
- Able to climb in overhead structures, work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
- High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances required. High degree of attention and care required to prevent injury to others which responsible for flow of electrical power. Exposed to high voltage electricity.
- High level of mental and visual acuity. Requires reaching, stretching, standing, lifting, bending and squatting. May need to lift over 75 lbs.
- PC literacy
- Safety oriented self-motivated team player.
- As a safety sensitive position, may be subject to substance testing per company policy