The quality control technician maintains and enforces the organizations quality system procedures, ensuring that products and services meet quality standards.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing routine and non-routine analysis of raw materials and products at all stages of the production chain, following validated methodologies.
- Responsible for product quality control, identifying the characteristics that products and services must have in order to satisfy customers. .
- Performs physical and physical-chemical tests to analyze the properties of products, brix,
Total Acidity, Ph, fill heights, volumes, etc.
- Reviews and updates operating procedures and may provide input to analytical or instrumental problem-solving.
- Recommends modifications to existing standard quality or production parameters to obtain the highest quality within the capacity limits of the equipment.
- Control of HACCP and Food Safety compliance.
- It establishes the conformity or not of raw materials, intermediates and packaging material, from the point of view of the specifications established in quality control.
- Implementation of Quality Indicators based on Continuous Improvement.
- Finished goods checks in a timely manner and ensured all specifications are met adequately.
- Be punctual and reliable.
- Computer literate.
- Able to perform physical and mental work that requires total concentration and precision.
- Be self-motivated and be able to manage your time wisely in order to accomplish all the daily tasks required, such as water checks, line checks, approvals, calibrations etc.
- Be able to understand and follow all company policies, practices and SOP’s.
- Ensure that all SOP’s are followed to prevent any product defects.
- Communicate & coordinate quality issues & activities with QC/QA Lead
- Follow all Customer’s quality requirements provided.
- Provide QC/QA Team support for the plant Quality Program.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives and projects.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the QC/QA Lead or QC/QA Supervisor / Manager.
Qualification & Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-years Associate Degree in Chemistry, Biology or Laboratory Science-Desirable
- Two to three years of demonstrated experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Speak, read, and write English
- Able to perform easy math calculations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications-Excel/Word
TRAINING ON THE JOB. ELIGIBILITY FOR FULL FREE FAMILY MEDICAL AFTER THE FIRST 90 DAYS OF EMPLOYMENT ONCE YOU JOIN THE UNION. ROOM FOR GROWTH.