- Develop and implement recruitment strategies, funnels, and tracking procedures. This includes going out in the field (at least 50% of the time). Research and recommend new sources for the recruitment of active and passive candidates by actively going out to local communities. This includes tracking success of different strategies to change approach as needed.
- Updating job platform postings as needed and managing the posting of job ads on platforms used such as Indeed, Council of Industry, etc.
- Maintain running matrix of hiring needs by speaking with hiring managers on a weekly basis. Work with HR to update organizational charts as needed.
- Speak to the local schools and communities to better evolve our recruiting platform to appeal to local neighborhoods.
- Help our IT team build out, and then continue to maintain, recruiting social media platform for the company.
- Build networks to find qualified candidates both in person networks and online networks.
- Create and maintain model for tracking salaries and hourly rates by location that company operates in to ensure company is competitive. Continue to review and maintain model on a quarterly basis report to upper management.
- Develop applicant tracker to show tasks in progress, the number candidates searched, and the number of qualified candidates found to be sent out weekly to upper management after confirming needs with hiring managers.
- Sort through existing staffing agencies and platforms used and search for others, including utilizing former connections. **It is critical that this role does not limit recruiting to staffing agencies. We need to think more outside the box.
- Review applicants to evaluate their qualifications and whether they meet the position requirements.
- Handle the full interviewing schedule, including: (1) coordinating the pre-employment reference checks and screenings; (2) offer letter and onboarding documentation; (3) coordinate onboarding process with hiring manager; (4) conduct new hire employment Orientation and OSHA safety film training.
- Ensure employees are properly set up in the Time and Attendance payroll system and given an id#.
- Track punching in daily for attendance in accordance with shifts entered into our payroll system and then track variances from daily schedule per employee and discuss whether such variance is approved or denied by the direct hiring manager in coordination with the Plant Manager.
- Coordinate with hiring managers in evaluating new hires on a 30-60-90 day basis to determine if the new hire is a good fit for the Company.
- Work with Sr. HR and Risk Manager on employee retention programs, including maintaining a tracker for employee anniversaries.
- Working knowledge of employment laws, practices and concepts.
- Excellent leadership and project management skills and organizational skills
- Great attention to detail.
- Flexibility to accommodate to constant change in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to keep matters confidential.
- Work closely with the Sr. HR and Risk Manager and General Counsel.
- Other projects as designated by the Sr. HR and Risk Manager and General Counsel.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Associate Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Human Resources (or degree in Human Resources).
- A minimum of 3 years recruiting in manufacturing or distribution industry strongly preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English – a plus, but not required)
- MUST BE FROM THE LOCAL AREA.
- Must be of entrepreneurial mindset.
- Experience with, or ability to be a quick learner to understand, manufacturing. environments across all spectrums of positions including operations, manufacturing and warehouse.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- 5 years
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
employees in common spaces are required to wear full facial coverings.
- Recruiting: 5 years (Required)
- Technical recruiting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)